The indirect immunofluorescence (IIFT) is still one of the standard techniques in autoimmune diagnostics. The evaluation of immunofluorescence images under the microscope, however, is time-consuming and requires specially trained personnel. With EUROPattern, EUROIMMUN offers a sophisticated pattern recognition software which provides valuable support in the evaluation of test results.
The system automatically captures and archives the immunofluorescence images. For cell nuclear antibodies, there is also the option of automated evaluation. The images are pre-classified according to their patterns and categorised as positive, negative or borderline. The classification is based on a reference database with over 115,000 images that have been classified by experts.
Currently the software is able to assess IIFT patterns of incubated Hep2/HEp-2010 cells and is hence particularly suited for the detection of anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) and anti-dsDNA antibodies by means of Crithidia luciliae (CLIFT).
In combination with the EUROPattern Microscope, the software offers different features to simplify the laboratory daily routine:
- Automatic microscopy and state-of-the-art image interpretation at the computer screen
- Pattern recognition ANA and ANCA, also mixed patterns including titers
- Fast automatic processing of up to 500 (or 1000) fields successively – up to 200 fields in only one hour
- Automatic identification of slides via matrix codes
- Pencilless evaluation on screen and consolidation of each patient’s results
- Ocular-free microscopy at the screen
- Archiving of images and diagnostic results
- Full integration into the laboratory software via EUROLabOffice